Download the Visit Findlay Visitors GuideDOWNLOAD NOW
Community Connect Program
Designed for small events and award amounts up to $500. This simplified program is designed to support marketing and advertising for events and programs with smaller budgets. Unlike other programs, it does not require matching funds. Total event budget must exceed $500. Special consideration will be given to events taking place outside of the City of Findlay. No more than three Community Connect applications may be submitted by any one organization, per calendar year.
- Submit Application & Meet with CVB Staff – At least 30 days prior to the start of the activity
- Notice of Approval – Within 15 days after receipt of the Application
- Submit Request for Reimbursement – Within 60 days after the completion of the activity
- Reimbursement processed – Within 30 days after receipt of the Request for Reimbursement
- Fill out application & budget worksheet – Complete all sections of the application. Attach extra sheets, if necessary. We understand this is your projected budget, and may change during the course of event planning. Just give us your best estimate.
- Call the CVB and set up a meeting – We can go over any questions you may have about the grant application, and can outline additional support the CVB can offer you.
- Submit application – Submit at least 30 days before the start of your event. You will be notified within 15 days if your program has been approved.
- Keep copies of receipts and promotional pieces for items covered by grant funding – They must be attached to the Reimbursement Request for payment.
- Submit reimbursement request – Submit no more than 60 days after the conclusion of the event or program. Must include your actual financial outcome, and copies of receipts and promotional materials.
- Watch the mail – After review, your check will be processed within 30 days.
The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau Advisory Board and Staff have the right to refuse any or all applications, if they are deemed outside the boundaries of the mission of the Convention & Visitors Bureau. * All decisions are final. *
* Disbursements of funds is dependent on budgetary limitations year-to-year.
For additional information or questions, contact Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, 123 E. Main Cross, Findlay, OH 45840. Email email@example.com. Phone 419-422-3315.
Note: Completed application must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the event.
A complete application consists of: completed original application form, completed budget worksheet and supporting documents or other pertinent information for consideration, if applicable.