We really hope we aren’t the first ones to tell you this – but it’s Valentine’s Day. There is still time to pull this off and make today a holiday to remember – check out the ways to do just that here:
Make your dinner reservations
It isn’t too late! See if you can snag a reservation for tonight (The Gathering, Fins, and Vivir all have some great specials!) but if you can’t find one, don’t panic. Reserve a date night at Brix’s February pop-up, The Stupid Cupid, for a Valentine’s Day themed meal not on Valentine’s Day. The Stupid Cupid will be open Valentine’s Day, February 16-19, and 23-25 beginning at 5 p.m. Call or text 419-721-1129 for your reservation now, and see the menu here!
Or plan to cook at home
Lucky for you, reservations at home never fill up. Show off your skills in the kitchen by purchasing some local meat and produce for a delicious meal. Arlington’s new butchery, Hurdwell, is a great spot to start. Hurdwell features local meat, eggs, and produce – all raised by people in our community. Miller’s Meats is having a special on their heart shaped Ribeye Delmonico steak for 2 (which you can call ahead and reserve or pick out fresh!). Don’t forget the wine! Stop by The Wine Merchant and ask the experts to help you pick out the perfect bottle.
Last minute gifts
Time is ticking so if you haven’t already picked up a gift you need to do it now. Here are the locations open this Valentine’s Day:
- Burlwick & Co., open until 5 p.m. • home goods, furniture, curated gift boxes
- Elida Candle Company, open until 5 p.m. • hand-poured candles and gift items
- Flag City Clothing, open until 6 p.m. • local tshirts, sweatshirts, and apparel
- Homestead Collection Village of Shops & Thistle Exchange, open until 5 p.m. • gifts, vintage-inspired items, antiques
- Jeffrey’s Antiques, open until 6 p.m. • antiques
- The Lavender Hour, open until 6:30 p.m. • crystals, oils, incense
- Papillon Boutique, open until 5 p.m. • women’s apparel and accessories
- River + Road, open until 2 p.m. • gifts, home goods, women’s apparel, and accessories
- Smarty Pants Findlay, open until 5:30 p.m. • books, puzzles, children’s toys
- Trends! on Main, open until 6 p.m. • women’s apparel and accessories
- The Urban Market, open until 6 p.m. • men’s and women’s apparel
Pick up something sweet
What is Valentine’s Day without something sweet? The Main Store (until 5 p.m.) and East Store (until 9 p.m.) of Dietsch Brothers Fine Chocolates & Ice Cream are open for your last-minute Valentine’s Day emergencies, so be sure to swing by and pick up some of your sweetheart’s favorite sweets (bonus: they will gift wrap!). Shirley’s Popcorn is always a favorite, especially their perfect-for-Valentine’s-Day Oreo White Chocolate and Red Velvet flavors and are open until 6 p.m.. The Baker’s Cafe not only has delicious treats, but they are heart shaped and, trust us, nothing says I Love You like heart shaped food. Don’t miss out, they close at 4 p.m. Order your goodies from The Baking Company & Bread Kneads online to pick up before 5:30 p.m. Choose from a sweetheart cake, cookies, chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes, and much more – see all the options here.
We hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day, no matter how early you prepared for it!