Program at a Glance
Assist with Advertising and Marketing Expenses • Designed for Smaller Events • Does not require matching funds • Maximum Award: $500 • Special consideration given to events taking place outside City of Findlay limits • Applications are due 30 days prior to the start of an event. • Download the Fine Print and Guidelines Here
- Submit Application – Applications are due 30 days prior to the start of the activity. Limit of 3 Community Connect Awards per year per organization.
- Notice of Approval – Within 15 business days of the receipt of a successful application
- Have a Successful Event – We want to ensure you have a great event, let us know how we can assist!
- Submit Request for Reimbursement – Reimbursement form, related receipts, and proof of logo usage are due within 60 days after the completion of your activity.
- Reimbursement Processed – Within 30 days of the receipt of the completed reimbursement request and materials you will receive your reimbursement check
Application and Reimbursement Checklist:
- Fill out application and budget worksheet – Complete all sections of the application. We understand this is your projected budget, and may change during the course of event planning. Just give us your best estimate.
- Call the CVB or set up a meeting – The CVB wants to help you have a successful event. Schedule a meeting
to create a marketing plan, recommendations for vendors, and any questions you may have. The Community Connect Program is designed to assist organizations in growing their events to utilize the Co Op Advertising for additional funds within 3 years.
- Submit application – Submit at least 30 days before the start of your event. You will be notified within 15 days if your program has been approved.
- Submit your event to the Visit Findlay Calendar – Go to VisitFindlay.com/Events to fill out the form.
- Keep copies of all receipts, quotes, and invoices for eligible items – They must be attached to the Reimbursement Request for payment.
- Submit reimbursement request – Submit no more than 60 days after the conclusion of the event or program. Must include your actual financial outcome, copies of receipts, and proof of logo usage on marketing and promotional materials. After review, your check will be processed within 30 days.
- Watch the mail – After review, your check will be processed within 30 days.
Community Connect Program ApplicationDesigned for small events. Total event budget must exceed $500.
The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau Advisory Board and Staff have the right to refuse any or all applications, if they are deemed outside the boundaries of the mission of the Convention & Visitors Bureau. * All decisions are final. *
* Disbursements of funds is dependent on budgetary limitations year-to-year.
For additional information or questions, contact Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, 123 E. Main Cross, Findlay, OH 45840. Email email@example.com. Phone 419-422-3315.
Note: Completed application must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the event.
A complete application consists of: completed original application form, completed budget worksheet and supporting documents or other pertinent information for consideration, if applicable.