Program at a Glance:
Assist Sports Tournaments by building awareness of the Findlay area and show a growth pattern that benefits the community • Must show a track record of overnight stays. • Organizations are not limited to a single application • Award 50% of total budget, up to $5,000 • Current applications are for tournaments taking place March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020 • Applications due February 11, 2019 • Download the Guidelines and Fine Print Here
- Submit Application – Applications are due no later than Monday, February 11, 2019. There is no limit on the number of applications each organization may submit, but individual applications are required for each tournament. Please fill out one complete applications per each applicable tournament.
- Notice of Approval and 50% Payment – To be received by March 15, 2019.
- Have a Successful Tournament – We want to ensure you have a great event, let us know how we can assist!
- Submit Request for Reimbursement – Reimbursement form, related receipts, and proof of logo usage are due no later than December 1, 2019. Reimbursements will be accepted earlier and extensions in certain circumstances may be requested.
- Reimbursement Processed – Within 30 days of the receipt of the completed reimbursement request and materials you will receive your reimbursement check.
- Tournament Builder Application – Complete all sections of the application, including narrative sections. Attach extra sheets, if necessary.
- Budget Worksheet – Complete all sections of the Budget Worksheet with explanations. Up to 50% of the total Tournament budget may be matched by CVB Tournament Builder funds, at a maximum of $5,000. (Example: Total budget $10,000 could be matched with $5,000 of CVB funds). Matching funds may be comprised of up to 50% in-kind donations (at least 50% of the matching funds must be cash). In-kind contributions must be clearly marked on the budget worksheet. See Page 5 for eligible expenses.
- Supporting Materials – If deemed appropriate by the applicant, include narrative of previous tournament history, attendance, hotel rooms occupied and financial recap (exhibitors, admissions, advertisement placement). References and other relevant information may also be submitted.
- Submit application – Submit application no later than the deadline – February 11, 2019
- Submit your event to the Visit Findlay Calendar
The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau Advisory Board and Staff have the right to refuse any or all applications, if they are deemed outside the boundaries of the mission of the Convention & Visitors Bureau. * All decisions are final. *
*Disbursement of funds is dependent on the receipts collected from the bed tax from year to year*
Return additional application information to: Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Attn: Tournament Builder Program, 123 East Main Cross, Findlay, Ohio 45840, FAX: 419.422.9508 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Completed application must be submitted by February 11, 2019
A complete application consists of: Completed original application form, completed Budget Worksheet, and supporting documents or other pertinent information for consideration, if applicable. Questions? Contact the CVB at 419.422.3315, or email info@VisitFindlay.com.