Program at a Glance:
Support non-profit organizers in establishing tournaments and competitions that will build awareness of the Findlay area and show a growth pattern that benefits the community. • Must show a track record of overnight stays. • 50% of total tournament budget, up to $5,000. • This event can be combined with Co-Op Advertising Program • No limit on number of applications per organization. • Reimbursement due 60 days after the conclusion of the event. • Download the Guidelines and Fine Print Here
- Submit Application – Applications are due 90 days prior to the event. There is no limit on the number of applications each organization may submit, but individual applications are required for each tournament. Please fill out one complete applications per each applicable tournament.
- Notice of Approval and 50% Payment
- Have a Successful Tournament – We want to ensure you have a great event, let us know how we can assist!
- Submit Request for Reimbursement – Reimbursement form, related receipts, and proof of logo usage are due no later than 60 days post event.
- Reimbursement Processed – Within 30 days of the receipt of the completed reimbursement request and materials you will receive your reimbursement check.
- Tournament Builder Application – Complete all sections of the application, including narrative sections.
- Budget Worksheet – Complete all sections of the Budget Worksheet with explanations. Up to 50% of the total Tournament budget may be matched by CVB Tournament Builder funds, at a maximum of $5,000. (Example: Total budget $10,000 could be matched with $5,000 of CVB funds). Matching funds may be comprised of up to 50% in-kind donations (at least 50% of the matching funds must be cash). In-kind contributions must be clearly marked on the budget worksheet. See fine print for ineligible expenses.
- Supporting Materials – If deemed appropriate by the applicant, include narrative of previous tournament history, attendance, hotel rooms occupied and financial recap (exhibitors, admissions, advertisement placement). References and other relevant information may also be submitted.
- Submit application – Submit application no later than 90 days prior to your tournament or competition.
- Submit your event to the Visit Findlay Calendar
Tournament Builder Program Application
The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau Advisory Board and Staff have the right to refuse any or all applications, if they are deemed outside the boundaries of the mission of the Convention & Visitors Bureau. * All decisions are final. *
*Disbursement of funds is dependent on the receipts collected from the bed tax from year to year*
Return additional application information to: Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Attn: Tournament Builder Program, 123 East Main Cross, Findlay, Ohio 45840, FAX: 419.422.9508 or EMAIL: email@example.com
A complete application consists of: Completed original application form, completed Budget Worksheet, and supporting documents or other pertinent information for consideration, if applicable. Questions? Contact the CVB at 419.422.3315, or email info@VisitFindlay.com.