Local Ways to Stay Engaged
We are all spending a lot more time at home these days! Luckily, our community is here for you. Check out what our community partners and attractions have in store for you and your family during this time below. Also, see our event calendar for all virtual events taking place! See information on Takeout options and Shopping changes.
Barn Quilt Tour
• Enjoy a drive around the countryside with our Barn Quilt Tour! Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy – all barn quilt squares can be seen from the road! See more about the trail here!
• Are you getting a little bored at home? Check out our Findlay and Hancock County crossword puzzle!
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
• The library provides many online resources for our cardholders, such as eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, music and movies through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla. Additionally, many research and online learning tools are available in our online databases. You can find these resources on the library’s website.
• Don’t have a library card? You can request a Digital Library Card which the library is creating daily. See more here!
• Do you miss the library’s programming? They have posted virtual storytimes on their facebook page!
• Need Wifi? The Wifi is still on at the library and is accessible around the building. See more info here
Hancock Parks District
• Get out and enjoy the peace and solitude of emerging spring in the Hancock Park System. Could be a great time to capture that winning image for the 2021 HPD Photo Contest!
• HPD has started hosting Facebook Live events – check them out here.
Hancock Historical Museum
• Visit your museum at home! Enjoy activities for all ages, listen to lectures, and check out the other programming available on the museum’s website.
• Engage with your museum – see their encouraging posts and activities on their facebook page.
Historic Homes Tour Preview
• The Hancock Historical Museum had to postpone their Historic Homes tour until October 10-11, but see a digital preview of what to look forward to here!
Historic Walking Tour
• Enjoy a walking tour in our Downtown Findlay and South Main area! This is a self-guided walking tour through one of the largest areas of restored Victorian homes in the state. Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy and view these homes from the sidewalk! See our walking tour guide here!
Little Free Libraries
• Although our county library has closed in accordance with the governor, our community is blessed with Little Free Libraries all around our community. Hancock Literacy has put together a wonderful map of the locations – just wash your hands before and after you check them out!
Marathon Center for the Performing Arts
• Enjoy the show at home! MCPA is hosting a Digital Stage with performances, playlists, and activities for all ages. See everything here!
• Is your family missing their arts education? MCPA has compiled digital arts education opportunities here!
Sylvan Learning Center
• Keep your child’s academic skills growing with Sylvan’s local tutors, live and online. Local staff can help your child catch up, keep up, or get ahead by working on a personalized learning plan or simply helping to manage their school workload. Visit their website for more details on how Sylvan can help your family at this time. You can also check them out on Facebook at or call at 419-427-0975
Take Home Kits
Several local businesses are offering bundles of their products to do at home! See below:
• Charming Finds Boutique – Facebook Message to order to-go kits for adults and kids!
• Painters’ Pottery – To-Go Pottery Kits, available to ship
Are we missing a location or notice something that doesn’t look right? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get our information updated!