Local Ways to Stay Engaged
We are all spending a lot more time at home these days! Luckily, our community is here for you. Check out what our community partners and attractions have in store for you and your family during this time below. Also, see our event calendar for all virtual events taking place! See information on Takeout options and Shopping changes.
Barn Quilt Tour
• Enjoy a drive around the countryside with our Barn Quilt Tour! Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy – all barn quilt squares can be seen from the road! See more about the trail here!
Findlay Art League
• Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you have to miss the Findlay Art League’s latest show. This month’s show is a Student Art Show featuring work from Middle and High School students. You can see the show on Findlay Art League’s facebook page.
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
• The library provides many online resources for our cardholders, such as eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, music and movies through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla. Additionally, many research and online learning tools are available in our online databases. You can find these resources on the library’s website.
• Don’t have a library card? You can request a Digital Library Card which the library is creating daily. See more here!
• Do you miss the library’s programming? They have posted virtual storytimes on their facebook page!
• Need Wifi? The Wifi is still on at the library and is accessible around the building. See more info here
Hancock Parks District
• Get out and enjoy the peace and solitude of emerging spring in the Hancock Park System. Could be a great time to capture that winning image for the 2021 HPD Photo Contest!
• HPD has started hosting Facebook Live events – check them out here.
Hancock Historical Museum
• Visit your museum at home! Enjoy activities for all ages, listen to lectures, and check out the other programming available on the museum’s website.
• Engage with your museum – see their encouraging posts and activities on their facebook page.
Historic Walking Tour
• Enjoy a walking tour in our Downtown Findlay and South Main area! This is a self-guided walking tour through one of the largest areas of restored Victorian homes in the state. Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy and view these homes from the sidewalk! See our walking tour guide here!
Little Free Libraries
• Although our county library has closed in accordance with the governor, our community is blessed with Little Free Libraries all around our community. Hancock Literacy has put together a wonderful map of the locations – just wash your hands before and after you check them out!
Marathon Center for the Performing Arts
• Enjoy the show at home! MCPA is hosting a Digital Stage with performances, playlists, and activities for all ages. See everything here!
• Is your family missing their arts education? MCPA has compiled digital arts education opportunities here!
Take Home Kits
Several local businesses are offering bundles of their products to do at home! See below:
• Charming Finds Boutique – Facebook Message to order to-go kits for adults and kids!
• Painters’ Pottery – Paint-at-Home To Go Kits to be picked up by appointment, facebook message or call: 567-294-4680 to secure a time and order
• YouTheatre, and their parent organization MCPA, are sharing Arts Education at Home, see these resources here!
• Check out YouTheatre’s Facebook page, where they are sharing fun and creative ways to spend time.
Are we missing a location or notice something that doesn’t look right? Please email email@example.com so we can get our information updated!