Local Ways to Stay Engaged
We are all spending a lot more time at home these days! Luckily, our community is here for you. Check out what our community partners and attractions have in store for you and your family during this time below. Also, see our event calendar for all virtual events taking place! See information on Takeout options and Shopping changes.
Barn Quilt Tour
• Enjoy a drive around the countryside with our Barn Quilt Tour! Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy – all barn quilt squares can be seen from the road! See more about the trail here!
Children’s Museum of Findlay
• Reopening July 6
• Order a Play at Home box! This box will be full of items picked by museum staff for your child (best for ages 4 – 8) to play with at home. Boxes can be picked up or shipped for an additional fee.
City of Findlay Parks and Recreation
• Parks and Playgrounds are open, see policies here
• Keep Active, Keep Healthy events to begin July 7
• Signs have been added at at Emory Adams Park, Riverside Park, or The Cube to add circuit training to your workout – see more information here.
Findlay Art League
• Gift Shop is open, Wednesday – Thursday, Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Findlay Art League members are showing their home studios on Findlay Art League’s facebook page.
Findlay Family YMCA
• Now Open, see most up-to-date information on Facebook
• Findlay Y Goes Virtual! Group fitness classes, family games, crafts, and more will be hosted on their Youtube page. See the virtual class schedule here!
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
• Now Open! See details and hours for each branch, and policies here
• Curbside Pickup and Recommendations, call 419-422-1712 to talk to a librarian about your book selections or receive a recommendation or Surprise Selection
• Virtual Events – See what is coming up here
• The library provides many online resources for our cardholders, such as eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, music and movies through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla. Additionally, many research and online learning tools are available in our online databases. You can find these resources on the library’s website.
Hancock Parks District
• The Outdoor Fitness Center at Centennial Park and Hancock Park District playgrounds are open and visitors are asked to practice social distancing if possible and to the extent possible, wear face coverings, and do not enter the facilities if symptomatic. High-contact surfaces are being cleaned on a daily basis.
• Select workshops, like fishing and archery, are beginning to take place. See them here.
• Hancock Parks has continued their programming, virtually. See all the virtual experiences here, and catch them live on Facebook on Mondays, Wednesdays,and Fridays through the summer
• Get out and enjoy the peace and solitude of emerging spring in the Hancock Park System. Could be a great time to capture that winning image for the 2021 HPD Photo Contest!
Hancock Historical Museum
• The Hancock Historical Museum is now open, see the guidelines here!
• Take part in History with a Twist – Passport Style!
• Visit your museum at home! Enjoy activities for all ages, listen to lectures, and check out the other programming available on the museum’s website.
• Engage with your museum – see their encouraging posts and activities on their facebook page.
Historic Homes Tour Preview
• The Hancock Historical Museum had to postpone their Historic Homes tour until October 10-11, but see a digital preview of what to look forward to here!
Historic Walking Tour
• Enjoy a walking tour in our Downtown Findlay and South Main area! This is a self-guided walking tour through one of the largest areas of restored Victorian homes in the state. Please respect the homeowners’ property and privacy and view these homes from the sidewalk! See our walking tour guide here!
Little Free Libraries
• Although our county library has closed in accordance with the governor, our community is blessed with Little Free Libraries all around our community. Hancock Literacy has put together a wonderful map of the locations – just wash your hands before and after you check them out!
Marathon Center for the Performing Arts
• The show will go on – in the parking lot! Learn about MCPA’s Drive In Concert Series taking place June 13, 20, and 27, purchase tickets here
• Enjoy the show at home! MCPA is hosting a Digital Stage with performances, playlists, and activities for all ages. See everything here!
• Is your family missing their arts education? MCPA has compiled digital arts education opportunities here!
• Take a virtual tour of the museum with the Mazza’s app! Download the app in the App Store or in the Google Play Store and search for Mazza!
• Learn about the authors featured in the museum with Mazza Author Monday!
• See the Mazza’s Storytimes archive here
• Grades 3 – 8 are invited to a Virtual Young Artist Workshop! Learn about the world of picture books from Mazza staff and children’s book illustrators. Learn more here
• Summer Conference is going virtual this year! Presentations and Breakout sessions will take place as normal, just from the comfort of your home. Learn more here
Northwest Ohio Railroad Preservation
• NWORRP is now open – see the policies and procedures here
• Train Rides are $3 for adults and $2 for children, or you can purchase a season pass; NWORRP is open Saturday and Sunday, 1 – 4 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
In-Person Painting or Order At-Home Kits online
Best to call ahead for seating, subject to close early if no painters scheduled past the 5 p.m. slot.
• Shady Grove is open for Putt Putt Golf, Foot Golf, Driving Range, and the golf course! Putt Putt and the Driving Range are open 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily, and the golf and foot golf courses are open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Shady Grove Restaurant is also open 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sylvan Learning Center
• Keep your child’s academic skills growing with Sylvan’s local tutors, live and online. Local staff can help your child catch up, keep up, or get ahead by working on a personalized learning plan or simply helping to manage their school workload. Visit their website for more details on how Sylvan can help your family at this time. You can also check them out on Facebook at or call at 419-427-0975
Take Home Kits
Several local businesses are offering bundles of their products to do at home! See below:
• Charming Finds Boutique – Facebook Message to order to-go kits for adults and kids!
• Painters’ Pottery – To-Go Pottery Kits, available to ship
• Buggy Whip Cakery – To-Go Cookie Decorating Kits
Are we missing a location or notice something that doesn’t look right? Please email email@example.com so we can get our information updated!