Rawson is a small village in southwestern Hancock County. It was founded in 1855. It is named for L Q Rawson who was president of the Fremont and Indiana at the time. It has a population of 570 and is part of the Cory-Rawson school district. Road signs and the water tower in the village are school colors of green and yellow to honor the school. The Rawson Proud Town Festival is held annually in July and is celebrated with a parade, children’s activities, live entertainment and more.