Spring ArtWalk is back in Downtown and online!
Friday, May 7 • 5 – 9 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, ArtWalk will take place both in-person as well as online! Artists will be located in Downtown Findlay in large, open spaces where social distancing can take place. Findlay Art League will be hosting the opening reception for their May show, Marathon Center for the Performing Arts will be unveiling their Wall of Fame recipient, and Jones Building Artists Studios will be open. Online, local musicians will be streaming their sets, artists’ work will be showcased, and more!
Home artists of all ages who would like to showcase their work may photos or scans of their pieces, the name of the piece, and any additional information to email@example.com. Students are encouraged to include their school name and age/grade.
If you’d rather attend ArtWalk in-person scroll down to see participating locations. If not, don’t worry – you don’t have to miss ArtWalk! We will be sharing highlights from Downtown Findlay as well as featuring local artists beginning at 5 p.m. on the ArtWalk facebook page.
5:00 Welcome! Order your takeout and enjoy ArtWalk at home!
5:15 Artist Jen Sowders, MONgallery
5:30 Kan Du Studios, Facebook Party & Tour
5:45 Artist Beth Ziss, Glass Artistry
5:50 Special Announcement from BVHS
6:00 MCPA 5/3 Wall of Fame Ceremony, livestream
6:15 Washington Preschool Virtual Art Show
6:30 Musicians Violet Vinyl, livestream
6:45 Artist Rupa Sunil Dalal, Ink & Acrylic
7:00 Musician Logan Ross, livestream
7:15 Artist Jenn Perez-Savage, Art Therapy
7:30 Artist Sandy Franks, Glass Artistry
7:45 Artist Andrea Snyder, White Dog Art & Design
8:00 Artist Kyle Scoby-Dear, Skateboard Central
Check out our in-person ArtWalk schedule below. If attending in-person please remember that masks are required whenever inside a building. Hand sanitizer will be provided at each location. If you are unable to wear a mask we ask you to take advantage of our Virtual ArtWalk option, available on our facebook page! Click here for a printable version of the schedule and map.
1. The Baker’s Cafe Open until 8 p.m.
• Musician and Artist Melanie Klakamp
2. Brix Bar open until 9 p.m.
• Brandon Daniels – Ink and Cartoon
• Dona Fraley – Acrylic, Oil, Alcohol Ink
• Eric Siebeneck – Acrylic, Mixed Media, TWD documentary “The Walkers Among Us”
• Laura Shuck – Acrylic, Resin
• Patti Brinkman – Acrylic
• Tim Linhart – VooDoo Metalworks, Metal Art
3. Burlwick & Co. Open until 9 p.m.
Featuring artisan made goods by Dustin Wagner of Nyminal Glass, Jason Wagner of TimberFork Studio, and Lisa Adams & Chelsea Bales of Serendip Candles. And, shop LBE Vintage clothing during ArtWalk!
ArtWalk Special: All tabletop accessories (including vases, bowls, trays, and lamps) 20% off. Plus, enjoy free coffee while you shop!
4. Coffee Amici Open until 9 p.m.
• Vicky Bauman, Oils
5. Creative Fringe Open until 9 p.m.
• Scott Hoestrka, FHS Student Artist
6. Dorney Plaza Excellent Elizabeth, Magician
7. Downtown Story Walk Read a story as you enjoy Downtown! Bring the family and begin at the library and read a page at each location – now through the month of May!
8. Elida Candle Company Open until 9 p.m.
Local hand-poured candles
ArtWalk Special: 20% off any one item in the store (excluding consignment) and buy 4 wax melts, get 1 free
• Beth Ziss – Fused Glass, Jewelry
• Josephine Lake – Paintings
9. Findlay Art League Opening of May Member Show
10. Flag City Clothing Open until 7 p.m.
ArtWalk Special: BOGO 50% off
11. Hancock Hotel Available until 10 p.m.
• ReVerb – band, 7 – 9 p.m.
• Emily Meyerson – Watercolor, Mixed Media
• Erica Miklovic – Acrylic, Watercolor
• John Rozelle – Oil, Ink
12. Jen’s Buggy Whip Cakery Open until 8 p.m.
• April Clay– Acrylic and Pastels
• Haley Kalb– Oil Paint, Printmaking and Drawing
13. Jones Building Artist Studios
• Nancy Frankenfield – Oils
• Benjie Wilhelm – Singularity Design
• Jeff Farrington – Photography
• Amber Kear – Hysteria Company
• Janealla Killebrew – Paintings and Cards
• Laura Corle – Watercolor
• Kevin Cullen – Ceramics
• Barb Lockard – Visually Distressed
• Phil Sugden – Ink and Oils
• Judi Herrin
14. Jones Mansion Open until 9 p.m.
• “The Past is Aways Present” photography show featuring work of Dave Morrow, Leslie Lazenby Hunsberger, and Eric VanRenterghem
• Editor Dan Masters and historian Rob Tong will display local images and artifacts from the Civil War and autographed copies of “The 57th Veteran Volunteer Infantry”, which Dan edited
• Devin Gallegos, Kan Du artist
• Free shuttle from JB Tours of Ohio
15. Journey Salon & Day Spa Open until 8 p.m.
ArtWalk special: Free Halotherapy Session gift certificate with every gift card purchase
17. Lavender Hour Open until 9 p.m.
• Makala Haines – Painting
• Melissa Szymanski
15. Light and Lovely Open until 8 p.m.
ArtWalk Special: 10% off the whole store + free swag bag with any purchase while supplies last
18. Logan’s Irish Pub Open until 11 p.m.
• Musician James Adkins, 8 p.m.
19. Mancy’s Steakhouse Open until 9 p.m.
ArtWalk Special: Street Taco’s with choice of Carnitas, chicken or Tofu $12, Cilantro Homeny $2.00, and Milk Chocolate Flan $7
20. Marathon Center for the Performing Arts
• Fisher/Wall Gallery Inland: Recent Work by Artist, Philip Sugden
• Featured Display Scenes from Findlay’s Gas Boom Era by artist, Walter H. Chapman
• Atrium Feature Mazza Museum of Findlay
21. Millstream Art Plaza
• Artist Alanna Aurand – Signs N Such
22. Modcraft Brewing Open until 10 p.m.
• Mia Otto – Black Light Art, Jewelry
23. Objects of Desire Artful Living Open until 9 p.m.
Featuring locally made items including, jewelry by Kristen Dukat, Melissa Woods and Kimberly Vaughn, hand-turned wooden bowls by Richard Ruehle, blown glass by Brien Strancar and Jim Yarrito, hand decorated vases by Vicky Bauman, original artwork by Kristen Dukat, Janealla Killebrew, Phil Sugden, and Vicky Bauman, photographs by Jim Pilbeam, prints by Barb Hahn, Laura Corle and Janealla Killebrew, and more. Plus, stop by for free refreshments
24. River + Road Open until 8 p.m.
Featuring artisan made goods by Findlay Candle Co, Impressions by Taylor Jo Jewelry, Old Homestead Soap & Lotions, and Linda Renee Pottery
ArtWalk Special: 20% off the shop for the event – both in store and online
25. RooBarb Studios Open until 7 p.m.
Featuring hand stamped jewelry from co-owners Abby Anderson and Jody Combs
ArtWalk Special: Check out RooBarb’s new lines and additions to the Thriving Vines plant line like topiaries and terrariums
26. Shimmery Belle Boutique Open until 7 p.m.
27. Smarty Pants Findlay Open until 8 p.m.
28. The Bourbon Affair Open until 1 a.m.
• Artist Emily Pitney
29. Trends! on Main Open until 8 p.m.
Spin to win prize wheel will be out as will new SPRING fashions, plus – check out the Pop-Up Flower Shop by Gina Lynne out front! Grab some flowers for Mother’s Day from 11a.m. – 7 p.m.
ArtWalk is the official kickoff to Downtown Findlay’s DORA! DORA is Findlay’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area, meaning if you purchase your favorite beer, wine, or cocktail in a DORA cup you are permitted to enjoy it as you walk around ArtWalk and in participating retailers and attractions. Those locations will be indicated with a DORA decal so keep your eyes peeled! For additional details and to learn more go to FindlayOhio.com.
Questions? Contact Danielle Wilkin, firstname.lastname@example.org