One of Findlay’s favorite events is returning Friday, May 5. The Findlay ArtWalk is a celebration of our talented local creators. From visual artists and the musically inclined to shop curators and culinary craftsmen, Downtown Findlay will transform into a playground of creativity to be explored by the whole family.
Artists will be welcoming the community into their galleries and studios at the Findlay Art League, Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, and Jones Building Artists. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the artists and ask questions about their craft. Plus, makers and musicians will pop up in over 2 dozen Downtown bars, restaurants, and businesses. For event goers, that means dinner, drinks, shopping, and a show! And with this year’s event falling on May 5, a handful of establishments will be offering Cinco de Mayo specials.
ArtWalk combines the very best Findlay has to offer into one night of culture and fun. All that’s missing is you! View the full schedule here.
7 Findlay ArtWalk Fast Facts
- Time and location: 5 – 9 p.m. in Downtown Findlay
- Admission: FREE
- Audience: All ages are welcome
- Parking: View map of Downtown Findlay public parking
- Sing and dance: Local musicians will be performing at various locations throughout Downtown
- Drink: ArtWalk is a DORA-friendly event
- Eat: Pop into one of the nearby eateries for some seasonal sustenance.
Findlay ArtWalk Helpful Hints
- Bring a wagon or stroller for when your kids get tired and when you find the perfect addition to your gallery wall. But, keep in mind the Jones Building Artist Studios is only accessible by stairs.
- Enjoy ArtWalk with a beverage in-hand! Beer, wine, and spirits from your favorite Downtown bar can be enjoyed inside and outside during the event. DORA is Findlay’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area, meaning you can take your favorite local beverage to go in official DORA cups as you peruse the ArtWalk. The DORA boundaries are indicated via signage around downtown, so keep your eyes peeled
- Wear comfortable shoes because as the name of the event suggests, ArtWalk does involve a lot of walking
- Have reusable bags in tow for all the treasures you’ll find at Downtown shops and boutiques, which will be observing extended hours
- Capture the moment and don’t forget to share your ArtWalk photos on social media and tag Downtown Findlay and Findlay ArtWalk!
The Spring ArtWalk provides an opportunity to look under the hood of the Findlay arts scene. There will be chalk artists, jewelry makers, and more surprising makers that are sure to help make this night a memorable one. Even if you’ve attended the event in the past, each year brings entirely new sights, sounds, and experiences—you don’t want to miss it!