- This event has passed.
Christmas in the Village
December 7, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The eighth annual Christmas in the Village celebration will be held from 3-7 p.m. Saturday in Mount Blanchard.
New this year will be a DJ sharing songs of the season and making announcements at the town square.
The event begins with a parade at 3 p.m. featuring the Riverdale High School marching band. Decorated golf carts are a new addition in the parade, and residents are encouraged to participate.
Other activities include a cookie decorating station; hot chocolate station; a live nativity featuring a baby kangaroo, camel and other barnyard animals; cake walks; ice sculptures; horse-drawn wagon rides; and kid’s fire truck rides.
Bingo will be played in the village office building. Several vendors will also be set up in the town hall.
Kimmel’s new food truck will be stationed on Clay Street, and Boy Scout Troop 314 will sell chili.
Pictures with Santa will be available for a fee at Santa’s House.
Musical performances and a silent auction will be held at Mount Blanchard United Methodist Church, 204 S. Main St. The silent auction features items ranging from Christmas decorations to antiques.
The music schedule is as follows:
• 4-4:30 p.m.: Riverdale High School Band
• 4:30-5 p.m.: Children’s colored bells, a hands-on activity for young folks wishing to ring the bells to Christmas carols
• 5-5:30 p.m.: Riverdale High School choir
• 5:30-6 p.m.: Tina Kelly, flute
• 6-6:30 p.m.: Paragon, a men’s barbershop quartet
• 6:30-7 p.m.: Sing-along with combined church musicians
• 7-7:30 p.m.: Broken Ground, the Mount Blanchard United Methodist Church’s praise and worship band
A tree-lighting ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Friday featuring the Riverdale High School choir.
Volunteers are needed to help with the event. Contact Karen Beard at 330-283-7111 or Jackie Porcello at 419-306-3073.