Bluffton Sportsmen Club The Club was formed in the 1930's by a group of guys who got together on Sunday afternoons and shared their fishing, hunting and trapping stories. This club was first a coon hunters club and was involved in many conservation projects over the years. Latter the Buckeye Quarry was leased from the Village of Bluffton in the middle of the 1940's, and the National Quarry (now Cobb Lake) in the 1990's. This was the beginnings of the fishing derby. There were many species of fish that were tried, but the Rainbow Trout had the best response. It was not until then that this event became known as the "Trout Derby". This annual Trout Derby is the financial foundation of our club. With the proceeds The Buckeye and Cobb Lake quarries are stocked with Rainbow Trout and other species.