Main Image

Intro

Hancock County Courthouse The Hancock County Courthouse was built in 1886-1888 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Atop the courthouse stands John Hancock, below him sit the three feminine figures, Law, Justice, and Mercy. The courthouse has undergone several extensive restorations throughout the years, including to the woodworking and stained glass windows. Tours of the courthouse are available daily, and can be scheduled by calling the courthouse directly.

Also Seen In