I recently went shopping in Columbus. I went to an actual mall and to an outlet mall. I realized that something I loved to do so much I now despised. Covid-19 had changed everything. I had to wear a mask, which was hot and uncomfortable. There were lines to get into stores and at one store, I even had to put my name and number on a list and they said they would text me when it was my turn to enter the store. NO THANK YOU!
I am definitely done with malls for a while. I am taking up boutique shopping and lucky for me Findlay has a lot of them. Here are the top 10 reasons why I love boutique shopping:
1. They carry unique items
2. They have a limited amount of items in each size, so not everyone else around town will be dressed like you
3. More money spent in these locally owned businesses goes back into our community
4. They have cute masks – I do like to have a variety and coordinate with what I’m wearing!
5. You don’t have to carry around a lot of heavy bags while you shop. When you’re done at that boutique, you get in your car and drive to the next one, or if you’re walking to the next one, you can at least conveniently drop your packages off in the car
6. They aren’t packed and you don’t have to wait outside to get in
7. The sales associates are friendly and often times, they are people you already know
8. The employees are there to help you find just the right item and will often times suggest something you wouldn’t have thought about but looks amazing on you
9. You don’t have to travel – there are so may amazing boutiques located right here in Findlay
10. They carry a variety of sizes that fit many shapes and sizes and you can buy online and pick up in the store
We are so lucky in Findlay to have some amazing boutiques. Please take time to visit any or all of these stores in the upcoming months. You will find the most amazing, unique gifts and be the best dressed person you know. When people ask you where you got it, you can say, I got it in Findlay!